Students can opt to enroll in a course provided through the TxVSN (Texas Virtual School Network) course catalog during the school year with the following stipulations:
- The student will work on the course off-campus*
- The same course or a substantially similar course is not currently available at CSA**
- The student taking the course must be a full-time student at CSA (taking at least 6 courses/receiving instruction for at least 4 hours daily)
- The student must be younger than 21 years old
- The course taken must be consistent with the student’s high school graduation plan or requirements for college admission or requirements for earning an industry certification
*It is possible the student could work on his/her TxVSN course at school during a designated 40-minute period after the annual master schedule has been finalized.
**During the summer, students can take any courses listed in the TxVSN catalog. Cost for summer courses to be covered by parent(s)/student(s)/legal guardian(s).
Registration for a course through TxVSN must take place during the enrollment period determined by TxVSN. A parent/legal guardian may appeal to the commissioner of education a school district’s or charter school’s decision to deny a request to enroll a student in an electronic course offered through TxVSN.
Cost for courses (assuming above criteria is met) is covered by parent(s)/student(s)/legal guardian(s) if student is enrolled in at least 7 courses.
Students and/or parent(s)/legal guardian(s) must inform the front office (assistant principal, Kris Barnett) of the student’s desire to enroll in a particular course at least 15 business days before the close of the enrollment period for the respective course.